What To Look For in a Website Development Agency
Let’s take a look at how to choose the best website development agency to get the best results for you, from online presence to increased sales or donations. Here are 15 keys to measure a good website company for your needs.
1. Experience and Expertise:
• Look for agencies with a proven track record in web development. Check their portfolio and client testimonials to evaluate the quality of their work.
• Consider their experience in your field, so they can understand your specific needs.
2. Portfolio and Case Studies:
• Check out the agency's portfolio to see their experience creating websites similar to what you're looking for.
• Look for case studies demonstrating their ability to solve complex problems and to get results for clients.
3. Technical Skills:
• Check that the agency has expertise in the technologies and platforms you require (e.g., WordPress, Shopify, Craft CMS).
• Ask if they have developers skilled in front-end and back-end development, database management, and other relevant technologies.
4. Design Capabilities:
• Explore their design capabilities by reviewing the look and feel of the user experience of their completed projects.
• Are their designs responsive and mobile-friendly.
5. Client References:
• Ask for references from past clients and learn from their experiences working with the agency.
• Understand the agency's communication, reliability, and their track record of meeting deadlines and sticking to budget.
6. Communication and Collaboration:
• Evaluate the agency's communication skills and responsiveness. Effective communication is crucial for great branding representation.
• Assess their emphasis on collaboration with your team and involving you in decision-making.
7. Project Management:
• Inquire about their project management processes. Make sure they have a structured approach to planning, execution, and monitoring that works for you.
• Ask about timelines, milestones, and how they handle potential delays or scope changes.
8. Scalability and Future-Proofing:
• Discuss if their plan is scalable, if it can grow with your business
• Ensure they consider future updates and potential integrations with other systems.
9. Security and Compliance:
• Inquire about website security and compliance with relevant regulations (ADA).
• Ask if they perform security audits and provide ongoing maintenance to keep your site secure.
10. Support and Maintenance:
• Ask about post-launch support, updates, and maintenance they offer.
• What are their commitments to response times and availability for addressing issues or making updates.
11. Cost and Budget:
• Request a detailed breakdown of costs and processes and evaluate if it aligns with your budget.
• Be careful of agencies with significantly lower quotes than others, which may indicate lower quality or hidden fees.
• Choose an agency that is transparent about their processes, timelines, and limitations.
• Ensure they provide clear contracts and agreements to protect both parties.
13. Creativity and Innovation:
• Assess their ability to bring creative design and helpful innovations to your project, causing your website to stand out in the competitive online space.
14. Reviews and Reputation:
• Check online reviews and ratings on platforms like Google, Clutch, or Upwork to examine the agency's reputation and client satisfaction in your areas of priority.
15. Alignment with Your Goals:
• Make sure the agency hears and understands your business goals and that their strategy reflects your priorities.
By carefully examining these factors and asking good questions, you can select a website development agency that is just right to represent your organization and meet your goals in a successful web project.